Monday, December 15, 2008
1. Started your own blog - obviously
2. Slept under the stars – unfortunately, I’ve been camping.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower – I have a very vivid memory of being under 10 years old, in the hammock in the Leafield house’s backyard with my sister and brother and watching a meteor shower. On the same note, I’ve seen not 1 but 2 shooting stars in the last 30 days! That must be some kind of sign.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world – Which one is in Florida? I was 18 and Animal Kingdom changed my life. Best vacation ever. Who would have thought I’d love it so much at 18?
8. Climbed a mountain – (not unless on a snowmobile or ski lift count, LOL)
9. Held a praying mantis – at tennis camp one time!
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea – (does from the beach count? Because it was so beautiful!)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables – yummy tomatoes and cucumbers and peppers!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight – multiple times.
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Oops. Really though, only twice and it was awful. I felt way too guilty. I still think it’s karma that I unofficially got fired from that job (for something I didn’t do, but would have been in equal amount of trouble if I’d fessed up to what really happened)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb – Hahaha Hahaha Every night in bed ;-) No but really, it’s called a ranch. I used to live on one.
26. Gone skinny dipping – It’s wonderful
27. Run a Marathon – I’m voting YES on this, since I did a triathalon, hehe.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - (does The Venetian in Las Vegas count? LOL)
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – both, who hasn’t?
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – I’ve been very blessed to only suffer from lack of money twice in my life. Once when I was little and the IRS were after my dad (loooong story and short lived time, thank goodness) and right out of college when someone left Chris and I broke and homeless and stuck paying off his debt/rent.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing – I’m married to Chris. He doesn’t take me anymore, LOL.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke – Sushi Pimp is the devil. Or maybe it was the Saki bombs. Then there were those other times when I have no one to blame but my own alcohol comsumption.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – I was proposed to on the beach in the moonlight. I love the beach, it’s the most powerful, beautiful place in the world.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class – SIGH, never ever again. I am just not athletic.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason – I just love my husband.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – it’s so easy and so rewarding!
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check – it was college, sorry.
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar - gag
72. Pieced a quilt – I had lots and lots and lots of help from my Aunt Kari :-)
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job – (like above statement, I was not actually fired, just tortured and humiliated until I quit)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - SCARY!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car – Just after 9/11 I had no car and my dad was all about, “GO AMERICA!” and my parents bought me a brand new bright red (“arrest me red” as Dad called it) Camero. I loved that car. Until I couldn’t get rid of it.
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – does the school paper count?
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life – I pulled a grown ass man out of the bottom of a pool and gave him the Heimlich. He would have died if no one had been around, hehe.
90. Sat on a jury – totally awesome, just last week!!!!
91. Met someone famous – I live in Austin, it happens.
92. Joined a book club93. Lost a loved one – answering this one scares me, because I know it’s going to happen someday and I dread that day.
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person - Duh
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone - who doesn’t own a cell phone?
99. Been stung by a bee – riding my bike down the road a wasp got up in my shirt and stunk me several times in the armpit. It sucked!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
(I had to pick one that doesn't make me cry - it's still too far from Christmas!)
Friday, October 31, 2008
I love you in the morning
I care for each and every coffee bean
Without you, I recognize the warning
My head is in a fog
My body lags behind
I forget to feed my dog
I am not very kind
Then, my dear caffeine, I take a drink
Your intoxicating drugs run through me
Slowly I can think
My skin begins to turn pink
Finally, I can run and shout with glee!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
On a date with my husband (leopard print earrings):
At Kai's birthday party (silver hoop earrings):
Carmen's bachlorette party - hence the penis - (necklace, earrings AND a bracelet):
Surprise night downton (red ugly earrings):
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
The proof is in the zip code! The last time I was registered to vote was when we lived off Parmer and our zip was 78727. Woohoo for voting :-) Kind of a funny story, Chris thought I had already changed my address to vote, and one day we were on 6th for happy hour and there were people outside registering people to vote right on the street. I sneaked out and changed my address right there on 6th street! The funniest part is Chris had told me he'd changed his address but was fibbing, too. Now guess who didn't change their address in time :-\ I need to find out if he can vote in our old district or if it's been too long since we've moved.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I was so frustrated by this, and I really feel for the woman in the story! Can you imagine having an undiagnosed, untreatable disease and not being able to do anything about it? Then only to have doctors tell you that your a hurting and scratching yourself and pulling out your own hair when you KNOW you are not?! Why can't doctors just accept that they don't know everything and that just maybe there might be a disease or two out there that they don't know about? Stop over diagnosing ADD or over prescriping antibiotics and humble yourself a little! Be willing to learn something!
:::Stepping off my soap box. I have no idea why this got me so riled up!:::
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
1. Link back to the person who tagged you: http://joyco.wordpress.com/
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking to them (aaand I'm too lazy to tag. Everyone play!)
5. Leave a comment for each tagged blogger to let them know that they have been tagged
6 Quirks about me:
1. A total theft of Joyco's .... I can't put syrup on my pancakes because it makes them soggy! Oh I eat the syrup alright! I just have to have a seperate dish, like a cute little bowl. I have 3 bowls at home specifically for pancake syrup. I cut the pancake and dip the bite into the syrup when I'm ready to eat it. No double dipping, even on my own plate on this one because then there are pieces of soggy yucky pancake in my syrup bowl.
2. Another food one, I am lactose intolerant and cheese if my favorite food. As long as I eat it in moderation, I only get terribly, terribly nauseous. I can handle a little nasea for some good cheese!
3. I talk to myself. I think more than other people talk to themself. My boss told me it was okay as long as one day my dogs don't start talking back to me ;-) But really, I'll find myself sitting in traffic just talking away. Or while walking through a parking lot. You know, places I'm alone ... but not.
4. I sleep almost in a fetal position, with my legs curled up almost all the way to my chest. Sometimes I'll sleep on my stomach with just one leg curled up, but mostly with both. I just realized this last week when the back of my legs were sore and I couldn't stretch them up there. I didn't get much sleep!
5. I'm kind of OCD about my hair being clean. I cry and get stressed out and can't leave the house or get anything done if my hair is dirty, to a point where I feel out of control of it. I don't use hair products because I'm afraid they will make my hair feel dirty. I shampoo my hair twice in almost every shower.
6. I snort accidently when I laugh. In fact, if I'm laughing relatively hard and I don't snort, I'm probably faking the laugh.
... Well Chris was home and feeling productive! Not only did he hand the blinds, he changed out the something-or-another on the kitchen sink and a whole other slew of things. Did I already blog about this? Either way, my husband rocks :-)
Just for Me # 18: Buy a briefcase or something to bring everything to work in. I got this cutest black bag! It's actually a laptop bag/purse and it works perfectly! I can put all my file folders in there, my makeup, my giant wallet (which I HAVE to get a picture of!) and my lunch. I was watching The Closer (looove that show!) and "Brenda Lee Johnson" played by Kyra Sedgewick totally has one just like it. Hehe I love it!
Friday, August 8, 2008
~~~~I've quit biting my nails! 3 weeks ago yesterday was the last time I chewed on my fingernails!~~~~
This is what I was used to my hands looking like (ignore the drunken silliness of Kat, Marci and myself. This was after several glasses of wine on girls night, I do not remember why we took a picture of our hands):
However, my nails grow fairly fast and it was costing me between $120 and $160 a month to keep up with solar nails. I've had "fake" nails since I was 13 and still miss them dearly. I loved, loved getting my nails done. However .... Chris brought it to my attention how much they were costing.
One day, I was in Sally's and saw the "Bite No More." I have no idea what inspired me, but I bought that $2.99 miracle! This was day 1 of no more biting:
I literally would chew my nails until they bleed. Yes, it was disgusting.
These are my nails now! The pictures are too small to see clearly, but I promise there is fingernail there. Last night Chris said, "I've never seen your nails so long!" LOL Neither have I.
Yes, all the pictures are of my left hand. Aside from the obvious fact is has my beautiful wedding ring on it, my left hand is much prettier than my right, LOL. Probably because I'm right-handed. Although my grandmother did comment that after women get engaged, they all become left handed. Haha I do use my left hand more now .... Guilty as charged.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last night ... I think I'm having mini-panick attacks
DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Not at all! It's awful. Thank heavan for computers!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Honey Ham
DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Fur-kids, but no skin kids. LOL I hate the expression skin kids. I picture naked, hairless, eye less freak things from a movie I saw once.
IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS
WITH YOU? I would hope so. I think I would see how excellant I am. Hehe
DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Yes, and unfortunately I haven't learned how to type sarcastically and I piss people off frequently with email.
DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I surely do
WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Never
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I've been eating the Hill Country Fair Honey Nut Cheerios. I change a lot though.
DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE them off? LOL! I thought that said, "Do you unite your shoes" LOL I was thinking, "Do I keep my shoes together in one place?" LOL sometimes to both unite and untie.
DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? No, I'm freakishly weak.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Mmm Peppermint ice cream is SO good! However, for the rest of the year I like Strawberry.
WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Probably their appearance as a whole
RED OR PINK? Pink
WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My voice annoys the shit out of me, I can't imagine what it must be like to other people!
WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I dunno
DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I don't care either way.
WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black lace
WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Ritz Bitz w/ cheese in the blood donation bus
WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Coworkers run their mouth! LOL
IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I would say black
FAVORITE SMELLS? Eucalyptus, Roses, Chanel
WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Probably a customer
DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I stole it from Joyce and I online-like her very much! Hahaha This reminds me of that silly cartoon that says, "I love my computer - my friends are in it!" Hahahaha
FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? None but I think I shall be watching some pretty soon.
Hair Color? Mine? Light brown
EYE COLOR? Blue
DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope
FAVORITE FOOD? Queso
SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings of course!
LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Usual Suspects
WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Green - kind of a lizard green (I just had to clarify it is NOT forest green. Ugh!)
HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
FAVORITE DESSERT? Either key lime pie or cheesecake
MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I dunno!
LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND Chris ... I'm not even sure he reads my blog anymore.
WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb. It has good reviews, GREAT review from Marci. So far it's just given me anxiety and stressed me out. I hear it has a good ending, though, so I'll stick to it.
WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Activant
WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I didn't watch TV last night
FAVORITE SOUND? Chris coming through the door after being gone for a while. It sounds something like, "Creeek, blot, jingle, STAMPEDE! STAMPEDE! bark bark bark Honey I'm Home KIMBER GET DOWN Hi Bandit bark bark bark STAMPEDE! STAMPEDE!" LOL that is music to my ears.
ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? There are very few Rolling Stones songs I'll actually listen to on the radio. None that I would seek out to listen. The Beatles on the other hand .... yah.
WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Umm either Orlando, Florida or San Francisco, California
DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Annoying my husband? Oh wait, that's easy to do. Oh! Making my husband happy. That's hard to do and I must say I'm particularly good at it :-)
WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Midland, TX home of real, live tumbleweed
WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Anyones!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
House # 1 & 2: Sort through all the papers in the office; Put away all the papers in the office. Yah! I not only went through all my "to-file" papers, I also went through the filing cabinet! I got rid of enough junk to fill a small u-haul box. It's pretty awesome :-)
House # 7: Hang the shelves for the living room bookshelves. Hehe I did this one kind of out of order. If you notice, number 6 is the sand and paint them? I hung them first. My "plan" is to finish sanding them and paint them in place because they are half done and just need some finishing touches. LOL we'll see how that goes ....
Bandit is a picture whore :-) Most the items on the shelves were really fillers. This was a couple weeks ago and I've already added some more substancial items. You'll see when I get around to the before and after pics of the house! Keep in mind ... this wall was neon blue when we moved in!
In Progress: House # 16: Get out of CHAOS. I could technically say I am not living in CHAOS. I could have the whole house ready for company in a matter of 20 minutes. However, I want to wait on this for a couple months to make sure the cleanliness sticks. I feel SO much better, though! Our apartments were always clean and I forgot how nice and stress free it is to really live in your home!
Just for me #17: The pink caboodle is a goner!!! I found this awesome makeup bag I got from Becky a couple years ago for hosting a Mary Kay party. It rocks :-)
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Go through their list and BOLD the ones you have seen, ITALICIZE those you love/would watch over and over again, STRIKE OUT those you dislike strongly or really would rather never see again.
1. Pulp Fiction (1994)
2. The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001-03)
3. Titanic (1997)
4. Blue Velvet (1986)
5. Toy Story (1995)
6. Saving Private Ryan (1998 )
7. Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)
8. The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
9. Die Hard (1988 )
11. This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
13. GoodFellas (1990)
14. Crumb (1995)
17. Jerry Maguire (1996)
18. Do the Right Thing (1989)
19. Casino Royale (2006)
20. The Lion King (1994)
21. Schindler’s List (1993)
22. Rushmore (1998 )
23. Memento (2001)
24. A Room With a View (1986)
25. Shrek (2001)
26. Hoop Dreams (1994)
28. Wings of Desire (1988 )
29. The Bourne Supremacy (2004)
30. When Harry Met Sally… (1989)
31. Brokeback Mountain (2005)
32. Fight Club (1999)
33. The Breakfast Club (1985)
34. Fargo (1996)
35. The Incredibles (2004)
36. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
37. Pretty Woman (1990)
38. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
39. The Sixth Sense (1999)
40. Speed (1994)
41. Dazed and Confused (1993)
42. Clueless (1995)
44. The Player (1992)
45. Rain Man (1988 )
46. Children of Men (2006)
47. Men in Black (1997)
48. Scarface (1983)
50. The Piano (1993)
51. There Will Be Blood (2007)
52. The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad (1988 )
53. The Truman Show (1998 )
54. Fatal Attraction (1987)
55. Risky Business (1983)
56. The Lives of Others (2006)
58. Ghostbusters (1984)
59. L.A. Confidential (1997)
60. Scream (1996)
61. Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
62. sex, lies and videotape (1989)
63. Big (1988 )
65. Dirty Dancing (1987)
66. Natural Born Killers (1994)
67. Donnie Brasco (1997)
68. Witness (1985)
69. All About My Mother (1999)
70. Broadcast News (1987)
71. Unforgiven (1992)
72. Thelma & Louise (1991)
73. Office Space (1999)
74. Drugstore Cowboy (1989)
75. Out of Africa (1985)
76. The Departed (2006)
77. Sid and Nancy (1986)
78. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
79. Waiting for Guffman (1996)
80. Michael Clayton (2007)
81. Moonstruck (1987)
82. Lost in Translation (2003)
83. Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (1987)
84. Sideways (2004)
85. The 40 Year-Old Virgin (2005)
86. Y Tu Mamá También (2002)
87. Swingers (1996)
89. Breaking the Waves (1996)
91. Back to the Future (1985)
92. Menace II Society (1993)
93. Ed Wood (1994)
94. Full Metal Jacket (1987)
95. In the Mood for Love (2001)
96. Far From Heaven (2002)
97. Glory (1989)
98. The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)
99. The Blair Witch Project (1999)
100. South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut (1999)
I've seen 52 out of 100, which really surprises me. Until recently, I never watched movies. I rarely go to the theatre. However, since we have cancelled our cable and joined Blockbuster - I've seen several of these in the last couple months:
- Far From Heavan
- Michael Clayton
- The Departed
- No Country for Old Men
- LA Confidential
I also think I hated more movies than I like ... I'm not really a movie "re-watcher." Once I've seen it, I'm happy. However, there are lots of movies I wish didn't exist ;-) I do think I will be using this list as a way to get some good movies on my Blockbuster Queue. Wish me luck!
Friday, July 11, 2008
So let's see ... above - beautiful Seattle with fun tours and live Octopuses (Octopi? hehe) or below, here in Austin -->
Hmmm How exciting and photogenic my cube is today!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
i think: about the future and children more than is healthy.
i know: how and when to forgive.
i want: my family to be happy.
i have: a full life.
i wish: I were ready to have children!
i hate: disrespect.
i miss: carefree summers.
i fear: that I'll be a bad mother someday.
i feel: lonely.
i hear: sounds of the office.
i smell: blueberry bagels.
i crave: queso!
i search: for explanations, not answers.
i wonder: what happens after you die.
i regret: one thing that I would give everything I have in the world to change.
i ache: in my mouth. I swear my wisdom teeth are piercing my brain.
i care: so very much.
i always: injure myself, forget something, and generally act like a blonde.
i am not: satisfied.
i believe: that God will not give challenges I can't handle.
i dance: at home with the dogs almost every day.
i sing: to the dogs, also.
i cry: about everything. I'm a cry baby.
i don’t always: listen.
i fight: for respect.
i write: stories in my head.
i never: remember to write those stories down.
i listen: to the ocean every chance I get.
i need: a Tums for my heart burn (why do bagels give me heartburn??)
i am happy about: dog/chinchilla sitting for the next 2 weeks!
Monday, June 23, 2008
I had borrowed some money from my dad, which I HATE doing. I've never had to borrow money for anything. When we got married, it was because we were doing so well financially. Then the bill from the lawyer (re: kitchen cabinets) came, then Chris had unexpected bills from his mother (Re: UGH!), then Kimber got hurt, then my car broke down TWICE. Needless to say, we used our emergency fund AND still had to borrow money from my dad.
Well, I paid back 75% of that and my mom said they'd forgive the rest if I'd put it towards the credit card debt we had wracked up. So $1200 from the IRS went straight to credit cards and we paid off Sears, Exxon, Express, and my Capitol One - LOL you know, the frivialous ones from when we were younger and didn't understand how stupid debt was ;-)
So YET another one I'm begrudengly crossing off, although I didn't really complete it. While it feels great to be getting out of debt, I still hate and am entirely emberassed that we had to borrow money from my parents.
Never fear, we are back in the clear with the mula situation! Not that any of this was any of ya'lls business, but you know me - I'll talk about anything.
This weekend I proceded to do nothing. Okay, well I made breakfast, lunch, and dinner and did the dishes from those. Aside from doing dishes, though, I love cooking so this doesn't count as a choor.
My husband, though, had a rockin' weekend! Chris managed to do ALL of his laundry (and if you've been over, you know what an acomplishment that is) and hang all of his clothes. Yes, ladies and gentleman - he unpacked after 2 years of living in our house! He even cleaned out his closet and organized it, filled two boxes of garage sale stuff, filled the dumpster with stuff he's throwing away, and cleaned the office! He only complained a little bit about me doing nothing but reading 2 whole books this weekend ;-)
On top of all that, he brought to the bed a stack of papers and went through them for me! So, by the end of the week, I should have a years worth of paperwork sorted and filed.
So, another thing crossed off my list that I didn't actually do. Chris took the filing cabinet out of his closet and setup the office. All I have to do is decorate the two spare rooms now!
How did I get so lucky?
(Like how my favorite picture of him he's wearing an alcohol related t-shirt, has dog between his legs and has probably been drinking? This was 3+ years ago. Nothing's changed)
Monday, June 16, 2008
The meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. It’s a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were, “For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.”
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to this original post http://herebaby.blogspot.com/2008/06/six-word-memior.html if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogsphere
4. Tag 5 more blogs with links
5. Don’t forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
I know these are supposed to be original words, but the first thing I thought of is actually a quote by someone I consider to be one of the most quotable women of all time, Elaenor Roosevelt: "Life was meant to be lived." I know that doesn't count, but I thought it was worthy of being noted in here since it immidiately came to my mind!
Now thinking of my own will be a little harder ... (saving draft now)
... I'm back. The first thing I came up with is:
"I'm okay with it being hard." First of all, I don't like this one because I was an English major and if the 18 year old me saw the future me typing with contractions, I probably would have disowned myself. AND I think this needs to be explained a little. "It" is life ... and I'm okay with life being hard, because I knew it would me. Mother always warned me, and so I think I'm pretty good at accepting that it will be hard, it will be a lot of work, it won't always be worth it, but you gotta do it ... because sometimes, it's really, really worth it.
So (I warned Joyce that I was not a woman of few words) ... here comes what I finally decided on:
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
A - Attached or Single: Attached
B - Best Friend(s): Chris (DH) and Marci and my Mom and Kat
C - Cake or Pie: Pie! Keylime Pie anyone? LOL
D - Day of Choice: Any day that's a good day!
E - Essential Item: Cell phone
F - Favorite Color(s): Black
G - Gummy Bears or Worms: Bears - they look funnier when you stick them together.
H - Hometown: Austin since I was 5.
I - Indulgence(s): Haha ... wine.
J - January or July: January ;-)
K - Kids: None yet. Can we make that singular?
L - Life is incomplete without: Family
M - Marriage Date: January 25, 2008
N - Number of Siblings: 2 - Emily is 20 and Jake is 18.
O - Oranges or Apples: Oranges
P- Phobias or Fears: Drowning, that I'll be a bad mother someday.
Q - Quote: Even if there is nothing to laugh about, laugh on credit.
R- Ring size: 5
S - Season: Spring
T- Tag 3 Friends: Hmm!
U - Unknown fact about me: I try to love all animals, but cats gross me out :-(
V - Very favorite stores: SteinMart, Target, HEB
W - Worst Habit: biting my nails.
X-ray or Ultrasound: Ultrasound sounds happy.
Y - Your Favorite Food(s): Cheeeeeeese. Queso, Jalepeno Jack, well ...ok all cheese
Z - Zodiac: Pisces
Monday, June 2, 2008
I also joined Sparkpeople. So far, this counting calories has stopped me from eating breakfast twice this morning. So far ... so good :-)
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
I started reading Eat Pray Love last night. Granted, I'm only on page 50, but so far I'm not impressed. I don't need some yuppie girl to tell me that I feel the same way about life that other women do. I know, crazy concept - women thinking and feeling like women. I guess, so far, I feel like I could have written this book ... hopefully her adventures and spiritual explorations get a little more remarkable. I'm sure they will, though since this book so popular. Surely not that many women could be wrong! LOL wait ... I guess that would make me wrong ;-)
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Check out Emily on my YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/saralouisehenderson
There are two videos of her singing, but both are pretty bad recordings. The darker one is from across a bar full of people, and the outside one if from Comfort Fest, but for some reason the camera picked up the guitar and her voice at different times and it doesn't even begin to sound as good as she does. Again, I promise -- recordings coming SOON!
Monday, May 5, 2008
So for now, I'll stick with playing with this one:
Kai Scott Brigance. No, Marci and B, it's not just because you are the parents. He IS the cutest baby ever (no offense to anyone else, maybe I just have a special place for this one :-)
Thursday, May 1, 2008
... for about $150!!! No freaking kidding, that's 4 palets for $150. One of them is going to my Mom's for a walk way. What a deal, right? My neighbors love me :-) However, I'll soon have a bad-ass rock patio!
Now for something a little sad ... let's all take a moment of silence for Baby Blue.
He passed away this morning, presumably due to the fall from the nest. I moved him to safety, and the internet said because he was moving and didn't appear injured and the parents were around (squawking loudly at me) he may be okay. However, clearly he had fallen from the tree because he still had the branch that broke clutched to his wittle hands. The fall was too much and he didn't make it :-( I am truely sad that there is one less Blue Jay in the world to torment my neighbors cats.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
For now, I've got nothing. Oh! Other than this awesome shirt I saw Friday night.
I've decided I'm also going to clean my page up ... there's too many words. I know, that makes no sense for a blog - however, I think it's too busy and there is too much to read.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Done! I had totally forgotten that I signed up last month, but came in yesterday morning to a reminder. It all went great! I didn't pass out, and it didn't take long. I was light headed afterwards, and found out the hard way why they tell you not to consume alcohol. You know that whole blood/alcohol level thing? Yah, less blood = drunk more easily!
They said not to consume alcohol or caffine for 24 hours and not to engage in exercise for 48 hours. I had a glass of wine at lunch (and got d-r-u-n-k, oops!), had a Red Bull and then went and played a softball game!
On the bright side - I totally scored a point in our softball game. The final score? That doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, does it? What's important is that we scored more points than last time! LOL
- ► 2012 (69)
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (56)
- ► 2009 (25)
- ► October (8)
- ► May (6)