Tuesday, January 26, 2010
- We slept in (Chris was off work, so I took a vacation day).
- We played Scrabble via iPhone in bed, and cuddled with the dogs
- We went for a ride in his car on a beautiful day.
- We had the best breakfast in town (Casa Garcia's)
- Spent the next half a day on the sofa watching Bones
- Went out for sushi and champagne for dinner! I tried to use my iPhone camera in the dark restaurant, but it was weird. Then I downloaded a "flash" app and it was better, but still weird:
I am loving my iPhone ... and while I don't feel bad for harassing my husband for the three months he had his before me, I totally get it now.
Favorite apps include: Facebook, Pandora, Words with Friends, Chase, Accuweather, Cheap Gas, AllRecipes, and Unblock Me.
I think shortly I'll be adding UStream to that, now that I can watch PUPPIES on my iPhone! Seriously: www.ustream.tv/SFShiba
Also, having all my calender's synced is a-mazing!
OH OH and Google Voice search? For real? YES!
Speaking of Words with Friends ... awesome! Joyce is kicking my butt, but I think it's good for me. All the guys are know are tired of playing with me already because ... well ... they can't win. I needed some female intellect to make me work for it ;-)
Also this weekend ... I got a new case for my iPhone. I was using my dad's old leather one while I picked one out. I ordered the Speck Candy Shell and I think I am really liking it.
Non-iPhone related (I know, right?) I got granite counter tops in my master bathroom! Woo!
Obviously, it's still majorly under construction.
Done so far:
Upgraded toilet seat
Cut baseboards and mirror frame
Paint baseboards and mirror frame
Install baseboards and mirror frame
Replace light fixture
Reattach cabinet doors
Install faucet for sink
Install faucet for tub
... I think that might be it. I'll have before and after picks when we are done!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
2. Words with Friends is addicting. However, are there Word With Friends ettiquette rules?
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
2. New Venetian Gold for the bathroom counter ... what do you think?
3. I love going to meetings at work. Apparently most people don't? This was news to me. Why wouldn't you like to go to meetings? You are interacting with people, you are not at your desk ... I love meetings.
4. I have watched 20 (literally) episodes of Desperate Housewives in the last 8 days.
5. I'm down to 1 or 2 Diet Cokes a day. Thumbs up, Sara!
6. My husband is a sock thief.
7. New favorite expression: "My zone of operations is compromised." That's a direct quote from my father on Christmas when he knocked over a lamp and then later dislodged the star from the top of the tree. There was maybe a bottle of booze or two at Christmas this year :-)
8. That's all I've got. It's 7pm, I'm going home to work on my bathroom (and maybe watch an episode or two of Desperate Housewives).
Monday, January 11, 2010
Yes ... that's a bathroom stall. Long story: I have a history of getting dramatic hair cuts while Chris was out of town. He didn't believe me that this was a normal haircut, so I was sending him a picture. However, I was at work and felt goofy taking pictures of myself in front of everyone ... so I hid in the bathroom like a chicken.
And, because I don't have any babies to take pictures of, you get Kimber:
She's feeling much better from her pulled muscle - well enough to climb on the furniture!
Friday, January 8, 2010
- I drank 4 beers over 4 hours last night and woke up today with a hangover. The kind of confession this is depends on the kind of person you are, but either way that was not good.
- I get an iPhone in 5 days (there's a confession in there somewhere, and I'm sure my husband could find it).
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
(Sorry the pictures aren't fancy ... it's because I don't have an iPhone yet)
4. We had a party for New Years Eve and it was more like a frat party than a normal party. I think it will be a long time before we have another party. Probably until my friends, who are all right around 30, can stop acting like terrors. Things that got broken:
Dead bolt to the back door (don't try to come kill me, it still locks)
Not one, but two toilets
My favorite bookshelf
And someone stole my husband's blood pressure medicine. I hope they have a stroke.
5. I found that Lavender scented Clorox wipes still don't smell all that good.
6. Someone left a bag of Panera goodies as a hostess gift. Mmmm I wish I didn't know how much I like Panera now since there's one near my house.
7. I spent all day Friday, January 1 -literally- in bed. I think my husband ventured downstairs to get food twice, but otherwise we rolled around in bed and watched movies. It was the best New Years ever!
8. Did I mention I'm getting an iPHONE?!
9. Saturday night we went to Stubb's to see Black Bone Child play. They rocked. We had fun. I tried to talk my husband into letting me ride the mechanical bull at this new bar. Sunday, I had the second worst hangover of my life. (Come on ... in what other condition did you think I'd want to ride a mechanical bull in front of a couple hundred people?)
10. Can I get away with making another point about the iPhone?! Can you tell I'm excited? I need app recs!
- ► 2012 (69)
- ► 2011 (51)
- ▼ 2010 (56)
- ► 2009 (25)