Tuesday, April 20, 2010
2. I'm addicted to the game Spit on my iPhone.
3. If you have a compatible phone, YOU need to get on Gowalla! I love it also :-)
4. I've been dentisting like crazy these last few weeks. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to drink cold water and have it not hurt!
5. Sadly, I'm now also able to eat ice cream pain free as well. I had Mango ice cream today, and it was delicious!
6. I'm getting ready to redecorate our office ... again ... I think I have a great idea this time!
7. That's all. I took a xanax before I went to the dentist and I'm having a hard time concentrating right now.
Monday, April 19, 2010
I had heard nightmares about what a pain in the arse getting your passport is, so I really put this one off. Then some friends tell us they are getting married in Playa Del Carmen (yay!) in 5 weeks (oh my!).
Well two days later happened to be the "passport fair." At 1pm we call our friends and they say we need to order them that day. Oh, and the fair is over in an hour. They've been there for hours upon hours. And it's on the other side of town.
We hopped in the car and drove to north Austin. We had our pictures done at the Walgreens located in the same parking lot. We walked in and signed a couple forms.
The whole process started at 1:04 on a Saturday. By 2:15 we were done and sitting in Trudy's north having a Mexican Martini.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
What we did:
Painted the cabinets
Replaced the laminate counter with granite
Added an under mount sink
Painted the walls
Replaced the toilet
Added a new toilet paper dispenser
Added a curved shower rod
Added a shower head extender (so tall people like myself can shower in there)
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
2. Exciting thing in my life: We went to a fashion show on a high rise pool deck. It was pretty fun. I even met a "celebrity" ... a girl that was on American Idol. I don't remember her name, just that she was blond and had a super thick country accent. Then her boyfriend (?) started singing. I tried to take video, but I mostly just got the floor and me laughing hysterically. There was alcohol involved. Oh yah, fashion show:
3. Exciting thing in my life: We bought a 24" computer monitor! YEAH baby! This picture does not give you the whole idea of how freakin' huge this thing is. You feel it's presence at all time when in the office. Oh! You can't see the whole task bar at once. You actually have to scan your head. I am in love.
4. Exciting thing in my life: My car is FIXED!!! I can't tell you how good it feels to have my car back after 7 weeks.
5. We are going to Playa Del Carmen in May! It's for a friend's wedding, although I don't think they are technically getting married there. So I guess we are going on their honeymoon? They invited us, we didn't argue. All inclusive, 5 star resort - here I come!
6. Speaking of Mexico, I lost 6 pounds last week! Nothing like a little beach time to inspire some weight loss.
7. I wore Capri workout pants last week. When I crossed my leg, I found not one or two, but like TEN super long hairs around my ankle. I can see missing a hair or two every now and then, but I shave every day and clearly this little patch of hair had been missed for quite some time. Damn sexy!
8. Somehow, my closet took on a life all it's own. I'm working on it, I swear ;-) After pictures to follow ... sometime when I'm done.
9. I just thought this picture was cool. I was trying to get a picture of what riding in Chris's car with Chris does to my hair (rat's nest).
10. Kimber and Bandit say Hi :-) They've been sending Chris "good night" pictures and texts this week while he's out of town. The opposable thumbs on these guys are amazing!
Friday, April 2, 2010
- ► 2012 (69)
- ► 2011 (51)
- ▼ April (6)
- ► 2009 (25)