Wednesday, August 25, 2010
My parents and Chris and I were getting dressed up and going to the opera (um yah, that would be weird enough on its own). However, we were running late and just decided to go have dinner instead. We went to a very fancy ... out door restaurant ... located under the Mopac bridge that goes over Convict Hill and Brush Country ... in the dirt ...
Anyways, I was still "pregnant" but instead of the baby growing in me, we had it in a giant hamburger. I'm talking a 12" hamburger with all the fixings. We had this hamburger sitting on the table with us at dinner and her little feet were sticking out of the burger where we could touch and play with them.
Cute, weird .... and I have no idea where that dream came from.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
- If you're carrying low, it's a boy. High, it's a girl. I'm definitely carrying high. Although, it could be argued that much of that is OEM parts (original equipment manufactured ;-)
- Heartbeats: Below 140 beats per minute is a boy, above 140 is a girl. The lowest beats per minute we've counted was 153. It's usually in the 160s.
- Salty cravings mean it's a boy, sweat cravings mean it's a girl. Let's see ... strawberries, mangos, donuts, ice cream, Cinnamon rolls ...
- Chinese Gender Chart. I was 26 when I conceived in April.
- The Mayans predicted sex by the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If one is even and one is odd, they say boy. If both are even or odd, they predict girl. 26, 2010.
- Breaking out ... the myth goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence a face full of zits. Let's just say, I had to buy some neosporin from fear of scaring and all my pictures are edited for red splotches before publishing.
- Tie your wedding ring to a string and hold it over your belly. If it goes in a circle, you're having a boy. If it goes in a straight line, you're having a girl. I had to make-do with what was on hand here, so my wedding ring on a rubber band:
Monday, August 9, 2010
Bandit had kind of a rough month last month. He got pretty sick and also tore the ligaments in his back leg.
However, August is really shaping up to be his month! He's feeling much better and put back on a lot of the weight he lost.
The GOOD NEWS today is that he does seem to be healing! Last month his leg was loose and just kind of flopped around. The vet said it has tightened up "a lot" and is showing some serious signs of improvement! He got a brand spankin' new green cast today and the healing continues :-)
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Currently, Chris is using the closet that will be the baby's closet. So he has to move his stuff ... in here. This picture is from January, because showing you a current picture would be embarrassing (well, more embarrassing than that). This is just the tip of the ice burg when it comes to my clothes. Not pictured here are six 18 gallon buckets of clothes, a love seat covered in folded clean clothes, and at least two loads of dirty clothes. I have a lot of clothes and 90% of them don't fit me ... but I just can't get rid of them! My Mom says she'll come over and make me, but really ... she's my Mom. If I say No, she'll cave.
I was forced to take 9 days of vacation time before the end of September, and I'm hoping to utilize those as baby prep days. And this is where I'm starting.
Unless Chris agrees to give up clothes. That's an option, right?
- ► 2012 (69)
- ► 2011 (51)
- ▼ August (6)
- ► 2009 (25)