38 out of 99:
1. Started your own blog - obviously
2. Slept under the stars – unfortunately, I’ve been camping.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower – I have a very vivid memory of being under 10 years old, in the hammock in the Leafield house’s backyard with my sister and brother and watching a meteor shower. On the same note, I’ve seen not 1 but 2 shooting stars in the last 30 days! That must be some kind of sign.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world – Which one is in Florida? I was 18 and Animal Kingdom changed my life. Best vacation ever. Who would have thought I’d love it so much at 18?
8. Climbed a mountain – (not unless on a snowmobile or ski lift count, LOL)
9. Held a praying mantis – at tennis camp one time!
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea – (does from the beach count? Because it was so beautiful!)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables – yummy tomatoes and cucumbers and peppers!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight – multiple times.
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Oops. Really though, only twice and it was awful. I felt way too guilty. I still think it’s karma that I unofficially got fired from that job (for something I didn’t do, but would have been in equal amount of trouble if I’d fessed up to what really happened)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb – Hahaha Hahaha Every night in bed ;-) No but really, it’s called a ranch. I used to live on one.
26. Gone skinny dipping – It’s wonderful
27. Run a Marathon – I’m voting YES on this, since I did a triathalon, hehe.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - (does The Venetian in Las Vegas count? LOL)
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – both, who hasn’t?
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – I’ve been very blessed to only suffer from lack of money twice in my life. Once when I was little and the IRS were after my dad (loooong story and short lived time, thank goodness) and right out of college when someone left Chris and I broke and homeless and stuck paying off his debt/rent.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing – I’m married to Chris. He doesn’t take me anymore, LOL.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke – Sushi Pimp is the devil. Or maybe it was the Saki bombs. Then there were those other times when I have no one to blame but my own alcohol comsumption.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – I was proposed to on the beach in the moonlight. I love the beach, it’s the most powerful, beautiful place in the world.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class – SIGH, never ever again. I am just not athletic.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason – I just love my husband.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – it’s so easy and so rewarding!
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check – it was college, sorry.
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar - gag
72. Pieced a quilt – I had lots and lots and lots of help from my Aunt Kari :-)
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job – (like above statement, I was not actually fired, just tortured and humiliated until I quit)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - SCARY!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car – Just after 9/11 I had no car and my dad was all about, “GO AMERICA!” and my parents bought me a brand new bright red (“arrest me red” as Dad called it) Camero. I loved that car. Until I couldn’t get rid of it.
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – does the school paper count?
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life – I pulled a grown ass man out of the bottom of a pool and gave him the Heimlich. He would have died if no one had been around, hehe.
90. Sat on a jury – totally awesome, just last week!!!!
91. Met someone famous – I live in Austin, it happens.
92. Joined a book club93. Lost a loved one – answering this one scares me, because I know it’s going to happen someday and I dread that day.
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person - Duh
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone - who doesn’t own a cell phone?
99. Been stung by a bee – riding my bike down the road a wasp got up in my shirt and stunk me several times in the armpit. It sucked!
- ► 2012 (69)
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (56)
- ► 2009 (25)