The meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. It’s a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were, “For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.”
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to this original post http://herebaby.blogspot.com/2008/06/six-word-memior.html if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogsphere
4. Tag 5 more blogs with links
5. Don’t forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
I know these are supposed to be original words, but the first thing I thought of is actually a quote by someone I consider to be one of the most quotable women of all time, Elaenor Roosevelt: "Life was meant to be lived." I know that doesn't count, but I thought it was worthy of being noted in here since it immidiately came to my mind!
Now thinking of my own will be a little harder ... (saving draft now)
... I'm back. The first thing I came up with is:
"I'm okay with it being hard." First of all, I don't like this one because I was an English major and if the 18 year old me saw the future me typing with contractions, I probably would have disowned myself. AND I think this needs to be explained a little. "It" is life ... and I'm okay with life being hard, because I knew it would me. Mother always warned me, and so I think I'm pretty good at accepting that it will be hard, it will be a lot of work, it won't always be worth it, but you gotta do it ... because sometimes, it's really, really worth it.
So (I warned Joyce that I was not a woman of few words) ... here comes what I finally decided on:
Patiently accepting that everything is okay.