Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday Thirteen - Mother's Day

Mother's Day is this Sunday, so my mother seemed an excellent theme for a Thursday Thirteen!



1. My wonderful parents. Married for ... a long ass time. 30+ years. My Dad is a lucky man, and he knows it, which makes my Mom a lucky woman!


2. My mother is my best friend. The picture below was taken on a vacation to Port Aransas one summer. I can't think of anyone I'd have more fun with anywhere, anytime! 


3.



4. Isn't she beautiful?!



5. I don't think any children fully appreciate their parents when they are young, and that's a shame. I knew earlier than most kids that I had great parents. The longer I live, and the more life experiences I have, the more I realize just how true that is.



6. My beautiful sister who got her good looks from my beautiful mother. Two of my favorite ladies!



7.



8.



9. Olivia's first Lone Star Roundup with Gigi and I. 



10. My daughter could not be blessed with a more loving, doting Gigi. I think she makes an even better grandmother than she did a mother, and that's hard to do!



11. Pebbles and Gigi ;-)



12.



13. This is one of my all time favorite pictures of both these girls. You can almost feel the love they have for each other just from looking at the picture. I know seeing my mother with Olivia that Liv will always know what it feels like to truly be loved. I also know, from being raised by this amazing woman, that loving your children is the best thing you can give them.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
South Austin, Texas, United States
Consider yourself warned ... I'm "that" Mom.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner