Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pity Party For One

A certain blogger that I read just announced that she's pregnant again. She was just a few weeks farther along with her first than I was with Olivia. Of all the days to hear this news, today stung. The day I'm supposed to finalize my divorce, she's telling the world she's having her second child and showing cute video of how she told her husband.

So, I'm feeling sad. Not sad that I won't be married to Chris. I know I've made the right decision in that regard. I'm sad that Olivia won't have a sibling. I'm sad that I don't have a husband that I want to have more babies with right now. I'm sad that my life isn't the picture perfect event I thought it would be.

I kind of feel like stomping my feet, and saying, "I should be having another baby! I'm good at babies, damnit!" But that would just be silly, so I thought I'd just do the online equivalent and write a long woe-es me blog about it. ;-)

I'm happy with life, don't get me wrong.

It's impossible to be unhappy when you are sharing your life with someone who can find the joy in a discarded cardboard box.


The sun was in her eyes, but you get the point. She carried that box from my mother's house, all the way home, and inside the house to fill it with toys.
Just look at this happy girl! She has so much fun, everyday, just living life.




Also, I'll be celebrating this afternoon by buying a new sofa! I have a whole house to furnish, plus I live with two sofa loving dogs and a toddler, so it's nothing fancy. It's stylish and comfortable and that is what matters, right?!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
South Austin, Texas, United States
Consider yourself warned ... I'm "that" Mom.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner