Tuesday, May 15, 2012

More June Cleaver



That is seriously as good as you think it looks. Look at all that sugary, cream-cheesey goodness!

I came across this recipe on Pinterest. Having some serious sweet tooth cravings, I clicked my way over to My Yellow Umbrella's Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe. Low and behold, I actually had the ingredients on hand! Seeing as I haven't been cooking in my kitchen since OCTOBER OF LAST YEAR, I was a little shocked and mostly super excited about this.

I was trying to half the recipe since I only had one can of croissants. Even though I messed that up, this was still to die for. My mother and my brother and I were fighting over this!

What I used:

1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls
8 oz of whipped cream cheese*
1 cup of sugar**
1 teaspoon of vanilla**
1/4 cup of melted butter**
Cinnamon and Sugar to taste

*The original recipe calls for regular cream cheese. I keep whipped at the house because it has slightly less calories. However, in this recipe, saving calories is a joke.
**This is where I screwed up. I should have used 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and 1/8 cup of butter, but I didn't even realize I had screwed up until well after we'd finished these off and licked the pan. I'll probably use the correct amount next time, though. Except the butter. The butter was juuust right. ;-)

I spread 4 of the crescent rolls, still together, across the bottom of a 9X9 pan. After combining the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, I poured that in. I covered them with the remaining 4 crescent rolls, poured on the butter, and sprinkled (cough,poured,cough) cinnamon and sugar on top. Bake at 350 for 20 or so minutes, and you're in Heaven. HEAVEN.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
South Austin, Texas, United States
Consider yourself warned ... I'm "that" Mom.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner