Friday, November 19, 2010

34 Weeks!

I'm not sure I ever posted this last one ... from 31 weeks:


And today, at 34 weeks:


I had a doctor's appointment that went generally well. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and measuring at 33.5. At my 30 week appointment, I thought she'd told me I was measuring at 37, but thankfully I'd just heard her wrong. She'd said 30.5 and not 37, phew! No giant baby in there ;-)

I feel great, except for some pelvic pain (which is no fun at all) and mild swelling in my feet. My belly button is half gone. As in, the top half is out, the bottom half is in. It's weird looking, but you'll have to take my word for it.

The baby is much lower than she was at our last appointment. My doctor found her heart beat down near my pelvis instead of up by my belly button like usual.

I also get the distinct impression the doctor doesn't think I'm going to make it to 40 weeks. She told me to take it easy so this girl stays put for another 2 weeks (but if I go into labor now, they won't take any steps to stop her). She said with a rather sarcastic smirk to not go more than 30 minutes from the hospital and that my body was doing a "really" good job of getting ready to deliver a baby. Granted, doctors have said stuff like this to lots of women who ended up going as far as 41 weeks, so only time will tell. I'd be fine with January!

P.S. I found that perfect rug. Crib is together. Pictures coming once the finishing touches are done!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
South Austin, Texas, United States
Consider yourself warned ... I'm "that" Mom.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner