Friday, March 23, 2012

Perspective

This blog has evolved over the last few years. It started off as a blog mostly about my life as a newlywed. One thing it won't be: A blog about my life as divorcee.

I think most people know by now that Chris and I are going through a divorce. I've been hesitant to talk about it here - in such a public, permanent place. I am not ready to go into all the gory details, but I am happy. I feel good. I wake up in the morning and see a more colorful world. The heartbreak and the tears and the sadness all became things of the past once we started the divorce process, and that is what has helped me to know I've made the right decision.

We have 41 days until we can finalize (not that I'm counting or anything) the legal side of things. There are so many things to do, and so many other aspects of our lives to separate. I feel like changes are coming, and yet so much is staying the same.

One thing that hasn't changed is Olivia. I think I've settled on a blog title and subject of "Olivia's Perspective." Maybe it doesn't mean anything to you, but to me it means the world. Seeing life through Olivia's eyes has changed everything. It's made life so clear. It's shown me what's important. Obviously, she is my number one priority, but when I have time, her point of view has even helped guide decisions I've made just for ME.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

good on ya, Sara!

About Me

My photo
South Austin, Texas, United States
Consider yourself warned ... I'm "that" Mom.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner