Friday, April 11, 2008

Count Your Blessings

Just for Me, #11: Pick 5 days to concentrate on "Count your blessings, not your problems."


Today is going to be one of those days. It started out rough. Chris called and his boss wanted him to relocate to Dallas. Of course, he said no. There's no way I'd live that far from my family, and we can't just pick up and sell our house! However, that basically means Monday through Friday Chris is going to be in either Dallas or Houston until the economy picks back up :-(



So ... instead of dwelling on the bad, here are some of the GREAT blessings I have to be happy for.



- Bandit and Kimber.




- That my dogs aren't afraid of ceiling fans like some dogs, because I love laying on the living room floor, or my bed with all the windows open and the ceiling fans on. Having the dogs to cuddle with makes it even better.


- Unplugged at the Grove. http://www.theshadygrove.com/unplug.html


- How much Chris's travelling is making me appreciate him and everything he does for me (Hello? Someone has to carry the dog food in!).


- My family. My mother is so much fun to do "Austin" things with, I have a hilarious, eccentric old man for a father, my sister who I love, and my free spirited independant brother.













I'll let you know Monday how the rest of my day of blessings went :-)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
South Austin, Texas, United States
Consider yourself warned ... I'm "that" Mom.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner