Thursday, June 17, 2010

Telling Chris

I was about 3 days late, and I've never been more than a day or two late. I also was having no signs that Aunt Flow was on her way. So I knew it was time to take the test that Sunday morning.

Not surprisingly, the first thing I said was, "Holy sh*t! OH.MY.GOSH!" Then I walked back into our bedroom and got back in bed, totally amazed.

Except ... Chris is rushing out the door for a game of golf with his friend Lance. I thought, "Hey, you're going to be a Daddy!" would be a pretty abrupt way to send him off to golf. So I smiled and told him to have a good day.

That was the.longest.day.ever. He even stopped to have drinks on the way home!! Normally, this would not be a problem, but I was exploding with excitement!

I had bought these golf balls to tell him when the time was right:

So that day, I wrapped them up in a small gift bag. This wasn't anything to make him curious. I do all the shopping and like to find surprises for him. He's pretty used to coming home and having random little gifts from me.

When he finally got home about 5pm, I let him settle in for a minute. Then I told him he had a gift on the table in the kitchen. When he opened it, he saw "DAD" right away. Without even taking the golf balls out, or asking any questions, he ...

Burst Into Tears

I can count on one hand the number of times (before this day) I'd seen Chris cry. He just doesn't cry. Until now.

He cried, he hugged me, he cried some more. We talked about the future, he cried some more, we talked about what our baby would be like, he cried some more. He hugged Kimber, he cried some more. He hugged Bandit, he cried some more.

It was perfect :-)

1 comment:

Juicy said...

awww! perfect! so sweet.

Jay said, "You shouldn't have tested, you're going to get in trouble."

Hey thanks buddy. ::eye roll::

congrats again!

About Me

My photo
South Austin, Texas, United States
Consider yourself warned ... I'm "that" Mom.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner