Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just another update ...

Some things going on in my life:

My birthday is coming up (yah, in like a month) and I talked Chris into buying me an "early birthday present." A greytfriend (get it - great friend, combined with greyhound. Hehehe) is selling some of her greyhound items to help pay for some health related things she needs. So not only did I finally find some greyhound statues that Chris likes, but the money went to a good cause. I am absolutely in love with them! Any ideas for names? The standing one on the left is a boy and the one grazing on the right is a girl. I just know.





One of my "Just for Me"s is to go kayaking with Emily. This might be very achievable as soon as it warms up! My parents bought this crazy kayak/sale/boat thingie. It has a giant sale, hand paddles, and a foot paddle. Plus these little things that stick out the side (so I won't fall over). I can't wait to use it!! Here's Mom in the one at the boat show. They bought the yellow one, though.

Check out this video of someone riding one! (They go dangerously fast. At least it seems dangerous imagining my 60 year old Dad on one!)
And ... the grand finale?! The grossest thing you'll see all day! I went to put Chris's golf clubs away the other day and found the biggest, nastiest, ugliest Silver Fish I've ever seen! I have never seen a silver fish in our house, so I'm not very happy about it to begin with. This one was so gross I had to take a picture! I tried to get a picture with my finger next to him, but I misjudged, accidently touched him, screamed bloody murder, and dropped the camera (onto the couch, thank goodness). And yes, I hunted him down and killed him dead, D-E-D dead. He must have been nearly an inch long. Iiiiiiick!



1 comment:

Juicy said...

EWWWW! I hate silverfish too. They're icky. What do they start out as, I wonder? Little eggs? Where do they come from? What is their lifespan? Hmmm.

Love the kayak, seems too fast for slow-poke me, but sounds like a fun way to spend a day. There are people who kayak on the river near here and I always imagine I could be that cool.

You should name the greyhounds Barack and Michelle. ;)

About Me

My photo
South Austin, Texas, United States
Consider yourself warned ... I'm "that" Mom.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner