Friday, April 20, 2012

Mommy's New Toy

Some women get new boobs (you know who you are, and I'm supremely jealous).

Some women start dating a younger man (Dear J. Lo, ew. I'd sooner shoot myself in the foot than date someone younger than me).

Some people get dangerous new toys, like motorcycles. Ahem, coughChriscough.

I had planned on buying myself a diamond necklace I'd had my eye on for a while.

But in a move that is so true to me these days, I bought myself an entirely different type of divorce present!


Behold the Kindle Fire




I borrowed a Kindle e-reader from my Dad to read the third Hunger Games book. For over a week now, I've been thinking about how badly I wanted a Kindle. Originally, I was going to get the Kindle Touch, but had been feeling guilty about spending $100 on myself, when Liv still needs sand for her new sand box and the house has a never ending list of things "it needs." When I walked in with the Touch, the first words out of my mother's mouth were, "Why didn't you get the Fire?" So back I went. I'm feeling a little ridiculous for spending $200 on something that still requires me to buy more books, but I'm also still very excited!

First purchased book: Outlander for my next book club meeting. I've read it before, but don't remember it very well, so thought it was worth another read.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
South Austin, Texas, United States
Consider yourself warned ... I'm "that" Mom.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner