Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mom Mentality

My "Mom Mentality" has not fully kicked in yet, obviously.

Last night when I was leaving my parents house, my headlights hit a person walking, um ... briskly across the street. Clearly a teenager, he jumped about 3 feet in the air when he saw my headlights. He dashed off and tried to hide in the shadow of a fence. Clearly, he'd been up to no good ;-)

A few blocks later I see several minivans haphazardly parked, accompanied by a group of adults, a group of teenagers, and a group of police officers.

My thoughts? "Ha, a few of you kids could learn a thing or two from the kid down the block that got away. And really? Busted by 10:30 pm? Lame."

And if my daughter ever asks ... I never went to parties that needed busting, I never ran from police ... I stayed home and studied hard every night!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
South Austin, Texas, United States
Consider yourself warned ... I'm "that" Mom.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner